Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Shopping Cart Diaries: Entry 9

Before I introduce you to "The Shopping Cart Diaries" film,  I'm going to tell you a little secret:"The Shopping Cart Diaries" is a short film. 

I know, I know. You're entire world was probably just shattered and now you don't know what to do with yourself. Let me explain.

While trying to figure out the direction of which our film was going to go, we watched countless trailers, films, and TV shows to help us decide on the style of our film. In a sea of stupidity on the internet, we found greatness. That beacon of hope was a little 15 minute long short film called "Foureyes." In the best of our abilities to articulate our feelings of watching such a cinematic masterpiece, all I can tell you is that we "ate that sh!* up."
"Foureyes" is the tale of a young boy who starts wearing glasses right when he is entering puberty. It is awkward, choppy, yet so well done. The angle was so raw, so real, and we wanted our film to be just like it. In the same style we knew our idea could only be stretched out to 25 minutes tops, so that is exactly what we planned for. Enjoy the first two minutes of twenty five. I am Emily Gitten, and I thank you for coming along on this journey, but the cart stops here.

No comments:

Post a Comment